Pages

I Heart Faces--Sun flare

Monday, November 23, 2009



So, this is my first time EVER submitting something to the Fabulous I Heart Faces photo challenge. I have been a huge fan of theirs for a while now, frequenting their blog often for inspiration!! I love seeing what so many other photographers out there are doin'! Not to mention as a new photographer its awesome to have a place to go for tips and helpful links! Seriously, I could go on forever about how much I love these guys! But I have never felt brave enough to submit anything of mine...until now I guess. I felt I had to the second I saw the challenge... "Sun flares" are sort of my soft spot. I LOVE, love, LOVE them! I'm constantly drawn to these shots. There's really just nothing more romantic to me then some great light and a magical sun glare! Anyway, right away I knew deep down just the picture I had to use. (I tried to tell myself to use other new ones I have taken but kept going back to this one...and Brent's reassurance that it was the right one helped too) I took this image over the summer when I was lucky enough to shoot my friends Amanda and Todd's e-session. This is one of those images that I just sort of fell in love with for some reason. It just spoke to me! (haha, I know...I'm a goof!) I suppose it just so perfectly captured the love of Amanda and Todd. If I could some how put their love into a bottle and drop it in the ocean for others to find...I would roll this picture up and put it inside! Yeah, again...GOOF, ya'll gotta get used to that! ;D Anyway, I know their faces aren't totally visible, but I think their profiles and expressions are so perfectly highlighted by the glare of the sun...So, I'm hoping it counts! Again, being my first entry, I'm not 100% sure if that's ok??? I hope so! So with all that said, Happy Turkey day Fellow inter-webbers in the fabulous blogosphere! Oh, and P.S. I HEART FACES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts